Global Insurer streamlines DevOps and ITSM processes using Atlassian and Red Hat solutions
Automate and shorten the manual way of system development
Our client’s system development and change request process was inneficient and carried out manually. A requestor needs to print out the required forms and submit them for approval. Approval required reviewing and signing the request form and submitting to the next level to implement the work request. All communication is done verbally or via email and as a result, there is no platform to record the documents and communication.
Consolidate the data
Content collaboration tool used to help teams collaborate and share knowledge efficiently
Implement smarter analytics and reporting methods
We configured and integrated Atlassian stacks with on-premise Jenkins for CI/CD as well as RedHat Ansible for Jira Roles management (onboarding, in boarding, and off boarding).
- The Company now uses Jira Software cloud for issues tracking for non-product and product projects life cycles.
- Empty project templates were created for different purposes. When a user creates a new project, they can share the settings with one of these project templates.
- Jira Service Management is used for submitting request related to the service request, problem report, program transfer, system access request, app change request, and infrastructure change request.
- Various workflows and screen configurations were implemented for various issues type including the approval by requestor through customer portal and approval by the heads of various divisions. The dates of approval are captured.
- Confluence is used as a Knowledge Base for Jira Service Management and documentation for both Jira Software and Jira Service Management.
How did our client achieve their business objective?
IT and software development teams collaborate more often and solve problems faster because they can link, track and automate issues from inception to resolution across teams. Everyone has full visibility into the queue and all the right experts can collaborate to solve issues faster. IT and software development teams collaborate more often and solve problems faster because they can link, track and automate issues from inception to resolution across teams.
Everyone has full visibility into the queue, and all the right experts can collaborate to solve issues faster. As a result, developers and IT staff have more time to focus on building better software and services.