The primary function of the iZeno CTI Connector is to pass Customer information, gathered by supported PBX, to Sugar CRM for automated inbound call screen-pop. Click-to-call is also supported for outbound call scenarios.
The iZeno CTI Connector offers Avaya AES support for all Editions of Sugar v6.x & v7.x. Additional support for Cisco UCM and REST API integration is available for all Sugar v7.x Editions.
Typical Inbound Call Scenario (with IVR Survey)
- Customer dials into support hotline
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) guides the customer through self-service scenarios
- Customer navigates through the prompts and eventually presses ‘0’ to speak to an operator
- IVR passes gathered Customer information along with phone number and an ‘ivr_id’ to PBX
- PBX Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) identifies which Agent to route the call through to and notifies the iZeno CTI Connector of the inbound call event
- iZeno CTI Connector passes the IVR information through to Sugar CRM for inbound call screen-pop
- Sugar CRM performs a Customer lookup and creates a new Call record which is presented to Agent as a screen-pop embedded in Sugar user interface. The ‘ivr_id’ is stored against the Call record for linking the IVR Survey result to the Call, Customer, and Case
- Agent captures call notes directly in the screen-pop while navigating through to the Case module to complete the support scenario
- After hanging up the call with the support Agent, the Customer is routed back to IVR for post call IVR survey
- IVR references the ‘ivr_id’ to create a survey record in Sugar, with the proper relationships, via API
Typical Outbound Call Scenario
- Customer schedules a call-back for a given date and time
- An outbound call record is automatically created in Sugar and assigned to an available Agent based on Workflow rules
- Agent receives a reminder with reference to the Customer and call notes prior to the scheduled call time
- At the time of the call, the Agent clicks on the phone icon in Customer profile to initiate an outbound call to customer
- The CTI Connector communicates the outbound call request to the PBX
- PBX connects and adds the Customer to the call conference with the Agent
The iZeno CTI Connector is a middleware component that acts as a bridge between Sugar CRM and a supported PBX to communicate inbound and outbound call events. Sugar manages the user experience and communicates with the iZeno CTI Connector via a custom plugin built for purpose.
The below architecture diagram identifies the supported JTAPI/ REST communication with PBX for inbound and outbound call events. It should also be noted that the Agent is logged into both Sugar CRM and his hard/soft phone when actively taking / making calls.
iZeno CTI Connector Pricing
The iZeno CTI Connector for Sugar CRM is targeted at on-site (incl. cloud-managed) Enterprise deployments.
The annual cost per production server deployment is $5,000.00 USD.
Setup and support fees will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.